|(c) Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway|
The South Devon Railway has announded this afternoon that GWR Collett 14xx 1450 is going to visit the South Devon Railway for their 50th anniversary weekend..
1450 is usually seen with Auto Car's No.178 & 238 who are owned by the same owner. The South Devon Railway are very happy to say that Auto Car No.178.
1450 will be joining 6430 from Llangollen, as well as the South Devon's home fleet.
A brif history of 1450:
Originally numbered 4850, the loco was built in 1935 to lot number 288 and first entered service at Oxford in July 1935. She was re-numbered 1450 by the GWR in 1946 and re-allocated to Slough in April 1951. A return to Oxford in September 1959 was followed by further re-allocations to Exeter (July 1962), Taunton (November 1963) and Yeovil Town (October 1964) before a final move to Exmouth Junction in February 1965. 1450 was finally withdrawn from service by BR in May 1965, after a working life totalling 823,012 miles.
1450 spent her early life in preservation at the South Devon Railway (then the Dart Valley Railway). She was eventually purchased from the SDR and re-located to the Dean Forest Railway, and then the Severn Valley Railway in March 2014. Over the winter of 2017-18 the loco was returned to GWR livery, for the remainder of its current boiler ticket.